A live, interactive online workshop that looks at how white people can work for racial justice by:
- understanding racial structure
- building connections and cross-racial alliances
- finding direction to become an effective change agent
- and building a personal support network.
This is an introductory workshop. If you are concerned about matters of race, racism and racial justice, but unsure about where to begin, this workshop is for you. If you are already doing something about racism, and you have friends who are asking you what they can do, refer them to this workshop.
The workshop is appropriate for white people who are open to learning what to do about racism. The workshop is also appropriate for people of color who want to support white people to take action against racism.
- the origin of white identity
- cross-racial relationships
- white anti-racist history
- anti-racism and local change efforts
- how to be an ally (co-conspirator, accomplice, etc.)
- the impact of racism on white people
- how to develop a support network
- resources for further study and personal development